AQUA LUNG LEG3ND ELITE REGULATOR
- Aqua Lung
- LEG3ND ELITE REGULATOR
The LEG3ND ELITE
Gives divers unprecedented capabilities by providing perfect precision and enhanced ergonomics at your fingertips. Advanced divers appreciate the independent micro adjustments to fine-tune their own individual breathing preferences.
- When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
- Preserves the internal lubrication
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry
- Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen
- Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernizing Aqua Lung's three anti-freeze properties:
- Where there's no moisture, there's no ice: The LEG3ND's integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2)
- The new overmolded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm
- Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced)
- Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver's depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density
- Ergonomically shaped DIN and YOKE screws made of a bi-material “Soft Grip” surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage – especially with cold hands
- Channeled YOKE screw to prevent water retention.
- Specialized ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage
- Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports provide optimal hose routing
- New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm
- Radial openings to prevent freeflows when diving in stronger currents
- Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%
- New overmolded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a “soft touch” effect
- Overmolded air purge
- Wide surface area makes regulator purging easier
- Purge depth controller optimizes air flow with minimal effort
- Patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
- Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste.
- The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent freezing of the second stage mechanism
- Air channel deflector
- Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase
- Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort
- Flexible and lightweight Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors
What's in the Box
- LEG3ND Regulator
- User's Guide
How to properly care for your Aqua Lung regulator:
- It is important to provide the proper preventative maintenance in order to ensure the best possible performance and maximum life of your Aqua Lung Regulator.
- The following maintenance procedures should be performed routinely after each use to ensure that the regulator is cleaned, inspected, and prepared for the next use or for storage.
- As soon as possible after diving, the regulator should be rinsed thoroughly with fresh water while it is attached to a cylinder and pressurized with air.
- Rinsing alone, however, will not sufficiently clean the regulator.
To clean the regulator as thoroughly as possible Aqua Lung recommends:
- Attach the regulator to a charged SCUBA cylinder, open the cylinder valve to pressurize the regulator, and thoroughly soak both the first and second-stages in a bath of fresh water.
- While the regulator is soaking, move the vane adjustment switch on the second stage (if present) back and forth several times from the “MIN” (or “—”) to the “MAX” (or “+”) settings.
- You may also turn the valve adjustment knob (adjustable models) slightly back and forth—no more than 1/4 turn. After the regulator has been properly soaked, it is important to rinse it vigorously by flushing the mainspring cavity of the first stage regulator (non- environmentally sealed models only), the second-stage mouthpiece, and the openings in the second-stage front cover with a pressurized stream of water.
- This will remove the deposits of salt and minerals that were loosened during soaking.
- If you use a garden hose, do not use the high pressure jet as this could damage the diaphragm and the internal valve.
- DO NOT depress the purge button, loosen the first stage yoke screw, or turn the second stage adjustment knob all the way “out” (adjustable models) if the regulator is submerged unpressurized. Doing so will allow the entrance of moisture, and will require that the regulator be returned to an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer for service.
- Disconnect the regulator and wipe it as dry as possible and then hang it by the first stage to ensure that all remaining moisture drains from the second stages. Do not leave the regulator exposed to direct sunlight for long periods.
- When the regulator is completely dry, store in a clean equipment box, or sealed inside a plastic bag.
- Do not store it where it may be exposed to extreme heat or an electric motor, which produces ozone.
- Prolonged exposure to extreme heat, ozone, chlorine, and ultraviolet rays can cause premature degradation of rubber parts and components.
- Never store the regulator while it is still connected to the cylinder valve.
- Do not use any type of solvent or petroleum based substances to clean or lubricate any part of the regulator. Do not expose any part of the regulator to aerosol spray, as some aerosol propellants attack or degrade rubber and plastic materials.
Free Parts for Life Program (Regulator Service Agreement)
The Free Parts for Life Program allows the customer to receive free parts when the regulator is due for overhaul. Free parts consist of the normal replacement items as found in the Regulator 1st & 2nd Stage Service Kits. Labor charges are not covered. Assuming the program guidelines are followed, the Free Parts for Life Program will apply to the life of the regulator and will significantly reduce the cost of ownership. This program is in addition to the standard product warranties outlined in the owner’s manual.
The Free Parts for Life Program is a commitment by you (the Regulator owner), your Aqua Lung Dealer and Aqua Lung. To participate, you must be the original owner and have purchased the regulator from an Authorized Aqua Lung or Apeks America Dealer. Rainbow Reef Dive Center is an authorized Aqualung Dealer. We can service and repair Aqua Lung and Apeks equipment. The regulator must be brought to an Authorized Dealer at least once a year for inspection or overhaul according to the below schedule:
Register Your Aqualung Regulator Here
- Year #1: Inspection
- Year #2: Overhaul
- Year #3: Inspection
- Year #4: Overhaul
- Year #5: Etc.
To keep the Free Parts for Life Program active, both inspections and overhauls need to be documented in the Annual Service & Inspection Records included in the Owner’s Manual CD or can be found online here. If an inspection or overhaul is missed, the regulator no longer qualifies for the Free Parts for Life program.
USA only All warranty transactions must be accompanied by proof of original purchase from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer. Be sure to save your sales receipt, and present it whenever returning your regulator for warranty service.
The Aqua Lung Satisfaction Guarantee™ If any Aqua Lung product that you have purchased from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer fails to meet your expectations, Aqua Lung America, Inc. will replace or exchange the product free of charge within thirty (30) days of the original purchase. Exchanges will be made through the same Authorized Dealer for Aqua Lung America, Inc., for merchandise of equal or lesser value, and will be made only for Aqua Lung equipment. Aqua Lung America, Inc. makes this guarantee of satisfaction a part of all product warranties because of the confidence we have in our products.
The Aqua Lung Limited Lifetime Warranty Aqua Lung America, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser that the product will remain free from defects in material and workmanship throughout its useful life; provided that it receives normal use, proper care and prescribed dealer service subject to those restrictions stated below. This limited warranty is extended only to the original purchaser for purchases made from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer, and is not transferable. This warranty is limited to repair or replacement only at the discretion of Aqua Lung America, Inc.
WARNING : It may be dangerous for untrained and uncertified persons to use the equipment covered by this warranty. Use of SCUBA equipment by anyone who is not a trained or certified diver, or is not currently receiving training through a recognized certification agency, may lead to serious injury or death.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have rights that vary from state to state and country to country. AQUA LUNG AMERICA, INC. DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ANY LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES Some states in the U.S. and certain foreign countries do not allow exclusions or limitations of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so this may not apply to you.
IMPORTANT: Please note that for any and all warranty benefits, you must keep your original purchase receipt showing the name of the U.S. Authorized Aqua Lung Retailer, name of original owner, purchase date, product model name, part #, purchase price, and relevant serial #
Online Warranty Registration Bonus Aqua Lung offers several Online Warranty Registration Bonus e-coupons for selected products purchased through an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer in the U.S.A. In order to receive the Online Warranty Registration Bonus, the product warranty must be registered online within 30 days after purchase. Restrictions The following restrictions apply to this warranty:
1. This warranty does not cover normal wear. Factory prescribed service by an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer is required at least once annually.
2. This warranty does not extend to damages caused by improper use, improper maintenance, neglect, unauthorized repairs, modifications, accidents, fire, or casualty.
3. Cosmetic damage, such as scratches, dents, and nicks are not covered by this warranty.
4. This warranty does not extend to equipment used for rental, commercial, or military purposes.
5. This warranty covers products purchased in the United States. For warranties that may apply elsewhere, please contact your local representative.
6. Failure to meet any of the above requirements will render the warranty null and void.