APEKS XTX50 REGULATOR
The XTX50 is for the discriminating diver who wants the benefits of a feature-rich regulator at a moderate price. This popular regulator has four medium-pressure ports all mounted on a rotating turret. This results in optimal hose routing while eliminating sharp bends in the hose.
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator will be supplied with both sets of exhaust tees
Optional 5th port is available for sidemount or twin cylinder set ups.
Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However this procedure MUST only be performed by an APEKS Authorized Service Technician
Available in yoke or din configuration
Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable
Suitable for coldwater use
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports are angled for optimum hose routing
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used. Press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control
- The 2nd stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
|Connections||Yoke and DIN available|
|Type of first stage||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed|
|Body Type||MP ports mounted on swivel turret|
|Number of HP ports||2 (7/16" UNF)|
|Number of MP ports||4 with 5th port option (3/8" UNF)|
|Environmental Dry Kit||Standard|
|First stage exterior||Chrome over marine brass|
|Orientation||Convertible LH or RH|
|Type of second stage||Pneumatically balanced|
|Opening Effort Control Knob||Yes|
|Integrated Venturi Lever||Yes|
|Exhaust tee||Diver Changeable - comes with 2 sets|
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance||Yes|
|Hose type||Braided Flexi-hose|
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores||Avg. 0.70 joules/liter|
|Nitrox compatible||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be cleaned to 100%|
|Weight||Yoke 1269g / DIN 1139g|
Free Parts for Life Program (Regulator Service Agreement)
The Free Parts for Life Program allows the customer to receive free parts when the regulator is due for overhaul. Free parts consist of the normal replacement items as found in the Regulator 1st & 2nd Stage Service Kits. Labor charges are not covered. Assuming the program guidelines are followed, the Free Parts for Life Program will apply to the life of the regulator and will significantly reduce the cost of ownership. This program is in addition to the standard product warranties outlined in the owner’s manual.
The Free Parts for Life Program is a commitment by you (the Regulator owner), your Aqua Lung Dealer and Aqua Lung. To participate, you must be the original owner and have purchased the regulator from an Authorized Aqua Lung or Apeks America Dealer. Rainbow Reef Dive Center is an authorized Aqualung Dealer. We can service and repair Aqua Lung and Apeks equipment. The regulator must be brought to an Authorized Dealer at least once a year for inspection or overhaul according to the below schedule:
Register Your Aqualung Regulator Here
- Year #1: Inspection
- Year #2: Overhaul
- Year #3: Inspection
- Year #4: Overhaul
- Year #5: Etc.
To keep the Free Parts for Life Program active, both inspections and overhauls need to be documented in the Annual Service & Inspection Records included in the Owner’s Manual CD or can be found online here. If an inspection or overhaul is missed, the regulator no longer qualifies for the Free Parts for Life program.
USA only All warranty transactions must be accompanied by proof of original purchase from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer. Be sure to save your sales receipt, and present it whenever returning your regulator for warranty service.
The Aqua Lung Satisfaction Guarantee™ If any Aqua Lung product that you have purchased from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer fails to meet your expectations, Aqua Lung America, Inc. will replace or exchange the product free of charge within thirty (30) days of the original purchase. Exchanges will be made through the same Authorized Dealer for Aqua Lung America, Inc., for merchandise of equal or lesser value, and will be made only for Aqua Lung equipment. Aqua Lung America, Inc. makes this guarantee of satisfaction a part of all product warranties because of the confidence we have in our products.
The Aqua Lung Limited Lifetime Warranty Aqua Lung America, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser that the product will remain free from defects in material and workmanship throughout its useful life; provided that it receives normal use, proper care and prescribed dealer service subject to those restrictions stated below. This limited warranty is extended only to the original purchaser for purchases made from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer, and is not transferable. This warranty is limited to repair or replacement only at the discretion of Aqua Lung America, Inc.
WARNING : It may be dangerous for untrained and uncertified persons to use the equipment covered by this warranty. Use of SCUBA equipment by anyone who is not a trained or certified diver, or is not currently receiving training through a recognized certification agency, may lead to serious injury or death.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have rights that vary from state to state and country to country. AQUA LUNG AMERICA, INC. DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ANY LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES Some states in the U.S. and certain foreign countries do not allow exclusions or limitations of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so this may not apply to you.
IMPORTANT: Please note that for any and all warranty benefits, you must keep your original purchase receipt showing the name of the U.S. Authorized Aqua Lung Retailer, name of original owner, purchase date, product model name, part #, purchase price, and relevant serial #
Online Warranty Registration Bonus Aqua Lung offers several Online Warranty Registration Bonus e-coupons for selected products purchased through an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer in the U.S.A. In order to receive the Online Warranty Registration Bonus, the product warranty must be registered online within 30 days after purchase. Restrictions The following restrictions apply to this warranty:
1. This warranty does not cover normal wear. Factory prescribed service by an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer is required at least once annually.
2. This warranty does not extend to damages caused by improper use, improper maintenance, neglect, unauthorized repairs, modifications, accidents, fire, or casualty.
3. Cosmetic damage, such as scratches, dents, and nicks are not covered by this warranty.
4. This warranty does not extend to equipment used for rental, commercial, or military purposes.
5. This warranty covers products purchased in the United States. For warranties that may apply elsewhere, please contact your local representative.
6. Failure to meet any of the above requirements will render the warranty null and void.