APEKS MTX-RC REGULATOR
Go warm, go cold, go deep, go anywhere. Enjoy control in the extreme with the MTX-RC scuba diving regulator. Combining rugged, military grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC is the regulator that lets you explore more.
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC resists free-flows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to adjust the settings for a more comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
Includes a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- DIN, Yoke and M26 Thread available, 300bar, 232bar and M26 300bar (O2) respectively.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection.
- Protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever
- Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves
- Large purge button
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose
- Designed and manufactured in the UK
- No single use plastic in the packaging
DIN – 1.193 kg (2.63lbs)
|Max working pressures||
|Temp range||0.5°C - 55°C|
|Connections||DIN and Yoke|
|Nitrox/Oxygen compatible||Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection.|
Free Parts for Life Program (Regulator Service Agreement)
The Free Parts for Life Program allows the customer to receive free parts when the regulator is due for overhaul. Free parts consist of the normal replacement items as found in the Regulator 1st & 2nd Stage Service Kits. Labor charges are not covered. Assuming the program guidelines are followed, the Free Parts for Life Program will apply to the life of the regulator and will significantly reduce the cost of ownership. This program is in addition to the standard product warranties outlined in the owner’s manual.
The Free Parts for Life Program is a commitment by you (the Regulator owner), your Aqua Lung Dealer and Aqua Lung. To participate, you must be the original owner and have purchased the regulator from an Authorized Aqua Lung or Apeks America Dealer. Rainbow Reef Dive Center is an authorized Aqualung Dealer. We can service and repair Aqua Lung and Apeks equipment. The regulator must be brought to an Authorized Dealer at least once a year for inspection or overhaul according to the below schedule:
Register Your Aqualung Regulator Here
- Year #1: Inspection
- Year #2: Overhaul
- Year #3: Inspection
- Year #4: Overhaul
- Year #5: Etc.
To keep the Free Parts for Life Program active, both inspections and overhauls need to be documented in the Annual Service & Inspection Records included in the Owner’s Manual CD or can be found online here. If an inspection or overhaul is missed, the regulator no longer qualifies for the Free Parts for Life program.
USA only All warranty transactions must be accompanied by proof of original purchase from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer. Be sure to save your sales receipt, and present it whenever returning your regulator for warranty service.
The Aqua Lung Satisfaction Guarantee™ If any Aqua Lung product that you have purchased from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer fails to meet your expectations, Aqua Lung America, Inc. will replace or exchange the product free of charge within thirty (30) days of the original purchase. Exchanges will be made through the same Authorized Dealer for Aqua Lung America, Inc., for merchandise of equal or lesser value, and will be made only for Aqua Lung equipment. Aqua Lung America, Inc. makes this guarantee of satisfaction a part of all product warranties because of the confidence we have in our products.
The Aqua Lung Limited Lifetime Warranty Aqua Lung America, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser that the product will remain free from defects in material and workmanship throughout its useful life; provided that it receives normal use, proper care and prescribed dealer service subject to those restrictions stated below. This limited warranty is extended only to the original purchaser for purchases made from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer, and is not transferable. This warranty is limited to repair or replacement only at the discretion of Aqua Lung America, Inc.
WARNING : It may be dangerous for untrained and uncertified persons to use the equipment covered by this warranty. Use of SCUBA equipment by anyone who is not a trained or certified diver, or is not currently receiving training through a recognized certification agency, may lead to serious injury or death.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have rights that vary from state to state and country to country. AQUA LUNG AMERICA, INC. DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ANY LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES Some states in the U.S. and certain foreign countries do not allow exclusions or limitations of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so this may not apply to you.
IMPORTANT: Please note that for any and all warranty benefits, you must keep your original purchase receipt showing the name of the U.S. Authorized Aqua Lung Retailer, name of original owner, purchase date, product model name, part #, purchase price, and relevant serial #
Online Warranty Registration Bonus Aqua Lung offers several Online Warranty Registration Bonus e-coupons for selected products purchased through an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer in the U.S.A. In order to receive the Online Warranty Registration Bonus, the product warranty must be registered online within 30 days after purchase. Restrictions The following restrictions apply to this warranty:
1. This warranty does not cover normal wear. Factory prescribed service by an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer is required at least once annually.
2. This warranty does not extend to damages caused by improper use, improper maintenance, neglect, unauthorized repairs, modifications, accidents, fire, or casualty.
3. Cosmetic damage, such as scratches, dents, and nicks are not covered by this warranty.
4. This warranty does not extend to equipment used for rental, commercial, or military purposes.
5. This warranty covers products purchased in the United States. For warranties that may apply elsewhere, please contact your local representative.
6. Failure to meet any of the above requirements will render the warranty null and void.