APEKS MTX-R REGULATOR
The MTX-R is based on the MTX military regulator and is a super tough, rugged, high performance, go anywhere regulator. The MTX-R has excellent cold-water performance and has a greatly reduced risk of free flow. This has been achieved by improving several areas, including an innovative endcap solution that solves a long-challenged reality for cold-water divers of the first stage freeze up.
This regulator is designed to meet all aspects of the NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit) military requirements for diving in very cold water. The MTX-R is highly reliable and also very easy to service out in the field.
Features & Benefits
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth
- Compact environmentally dry sealed diaphragm system completely eliminating the maintenance issues associated with silicone, oil or grease filling
- Breakthrough, innovative over-molded first-stage endcap & environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-molded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release
- DIN, Yoke and M26 Thread available, 300bar, 232bar and M26 300bar (O2) respectively
- 5 x 3/8” UNF (Unified National Fine) medium pressure ports
- 2 x 7/16” UNF high-pressure ports
- The 5th 3/8” UNFmedium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 meters cold water
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection
- Simple to use with no dive adjustment controls and reduced chance of free flow occurrence, pre-settable cracking effort or venturi control by an Apeksapproved qualified technician
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve
- Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button
- Front cover with over-molded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving the durability of the second stage
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places
- The reversible second stage for either a left or right-hand gas supply configuration
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
- Removable bungee necklace with a lockout feature for retaining the second stage in the mouth of an unconscious diver during rescue and to assist with jaw fatigue
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose
- Simple service kits
- Easy to service
- Colour coded octopus hose
- View the MTX-R Octopus here
|Weight||DIN – 1.193 kg (2.63lbs)
Yoke – 1.339 kg (2.95 lbs)
|Max working pressures||1st Stage: DIN - 300 bar (4351 psi) Yoke - 232 bar (3365 psi) 2nd Stage: 9-10 bar (131-145 psi)|
|Part No.s||AP0060 – MTX-R 1st and 2nd stage with yoke
AP0061 – MTX-R 1st and 2nd stage with DIN
AP0063 – MTX-R 1st stage DIN connection
AP0062 – MTX-R 1st stage yoke connection
AP0064 – MTX-R 2nd stage
|Maintenance kit no.s||1st stage – AP0241
2nd stage – AP0219
|Temp range||32.9°F - 12.778°F
0.5°C - 55°C
|Connection Types||DIN and Yoke|
|Key features||Coldwater use
Easy to use
Durable & reliable
|Intended use||Recreational, technical and extremely cold water diving|
|Nitrox/Oxygen compatible||Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection|
Free Parts for Life Program (Regulator Service Agreement)
The Free Parts for Life Program allows the customer to receive free parts when the regulator is due for overhaul. Free parts consist of the normal replacement items as found in the Regulator 1st & 2nd Stage Service Kits. Labor charges are not covered. Assuming the program guidelines are followed, the Free Parts for Life Program will apply to the life of the regulator and will significantly reduce the cost of ownership. This program is in addition to the standard product warranties outlined in the owner’s manual.
The Free Parts for Life Program is a commitment by you (the Regulator owner), your Aqua Lung Dealer and Aqua Lung. To participate, you must be the original owner and have purchased the regulator from an Authorized Aqua Lung or Apeks America Dealer. Rainbow Reef Dive Center is an authorized Aqualung Dealer. We can service and repair Aqua Lung and Apeks equipment. The regulator must be brought to an Authorized Dealer at least once a year for inspection or overhaul according to the below schedule:
Register Your Aqualung Regulator Here
- Year #1: Inspection
- Year #2: Overhaul
- Year #3: Inspection
- Year #4: Overhaul
- Year #5: Etc.
To keep the Free Parts for Life Program active, both inspections and overhauls need to be documented in the Annual Service & Inspection Records included in the Owner’s Manual CD or can be found online here. If an inspection or overhaul is missed, the regulator no longer qualifies for the Free Parts for Life program.
USA only All warranty transactions must be accompanied by proof of original purchase from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer. Be sure to save your sales receipt, and present it whenever returning your regulator for warranty service.
The Aqua Lung Satisfaction Guarantee™ If any Aqua Lung product that you have purchased from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer fails to meet your expectations, Aqua Lung America, Inc. will replace or exchange the product free of charge within thirty (30) days of the original purchase. Exchanges will be made through the same Authorized Dealer for Aqua Lung America, Inc., for merchandise of equal or lesser value, and will be made only for Aqua Lung equipment. Aqua Lung America, Inc. makes this guarantee of satisfaction a part of all product warranties because of the confidence we have in our products.
The Aqua Lung Limited Lifetime Warranty Aqua Lung America, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser that the product will remain free from defects in material and workmanship throughout its useful life; provided that it receives normal use, proper care and prescribed dealer service subject to those restrictions stated below. This limited warranty is extended only to the original purchaser for purchases made from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer, and is not transferable. This warranty is limited to repair or replacement only at the discretion of Aqua Lung America, Inc.
WARNING : It may be dangerous for untrained and uncertified persons to use the equipment covered by this warranty. Use of SCUBA equipment by anyone who is not a trained or certified diver, or is not currently receiving training through a recognized certification agency, may lead to serious injury or death.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have rights that vary from state to state and country to country. AQUA LUNG AMERICA, INC. DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ANY LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES Some states in the U.S. and certain foreign countries do not allow exclusions or limitations of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so this may not apply to you.
IMPORTANT: Please note that for any and all warranty benefits, you must keep your original purchase receipt showing the name of the U.S. Authorized Aqua Lung Retailer, name of original owner, purchase date, product model name, part #, purchase price, and relevant serial #
Online Warranty Registration Bonus Aqua Lung offers several Online Warranty Registration Bonus e-coupons for selected products purchased through an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer in the U.S.A. In order to receive the Online Warranty Registration Bonus, the product warranty must be registered online within 30 days after purchase. Restrictions The following restrictions apply to this warranty:
1. This warranty does not cover normal wear. Factory prescribed service by an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer is required at least once annually.
2. This warranty does not extend to damages caused by improper use, improper maintenance, neglect, unauthorized repairs, modifications, accidents, fire, or casualty.
3. Cosmetic damage, such as scratches, dents, and nicks are not covered by this warranty.
4. This warranty does not extend to equipment used for rental, commercial, or military purposes.
5. This warranty covers products purchased in the United States. For warranties that may apply elsewhere, please contact your local representative.
6. Failure to meet any of the above requirements will render the warranty null and void.