AQUA LUNG REVEAL X1 MASK
- Aqua Lung
A design based on years of research and testing, the Reveal is full of innovative features that make it our most comfortable and best-fitting mask. Explore the wonders of the silent world in this premium mask that delivers a perfect, leak-free fit.
- Universal Advanced Silicone Skirt (UASS) Innovative wrap-around geometry in a new grade of crystal-clear silicone provides the optimal fit and comfort for a wide range of face shapes and sizes.
- Advanced Fit Technology (AFT) Skirt features differently textured bands of silicone to form a superior seal and maximum comfort. The high-grade silicone flexes to mold naturally along the contours of your face for a comfortable, leak-free seal.
- Split Strap Unique to the Reveal, this innovative split head strap design is longer around the middle to perfectly and comfortably accommodate the spherical shape of the head and keep the strap securely in place.
- Quick-Fit Buckles The one-touch button allows for easy adjustment, even while wearing thick gloves. The buckles are attached directly to the skirt to provide increased fit stability.
- Hi-VIS Technology The Reveal’s frame is molded from two bright-yellow and orange materials for increased underwater visibility.
- Lightweight So lightweight, in fact, that the single-lens version (X1) is the lightest single-lens framed diving mask on the market.
|Spherical Silicone Band||Yes|
|Quick Fit Buckles||Yes|
Care & Maintenance
How to properly care for your Aqua Lung mask:
Care Before the Dive:
- During the manufacturing process, a thin film of silicone will develop on the glass lens. This film of silicone will cause rapid fogging that is resistant to conventional anti-fog measures. It is important to remove this film of silicone from the lens prior to your first dive. To remove the film you will need to scrub the lens inside and out with a mild abrasive. A paste toothpaste is ideal but a liquid scrub will also work. Rub the cleanser into the lens with your fingers several times and then rinse clean thoroughly.
- Mask fogging is a normal occurrence, even after the film of silicone has been removed. Normal fogging can be easily prevented with after market anti-fog agents or saliva. Rub onto the lens and then rinse. Your dive will now be fog free!
- Some after after-market anti-fog agents contain formaldehyde, alcohol, or other substances that may damage the plastic materials used in your mask. If unsure, avoid prolonged exposure of the anti-fog agent with the plastic parts of your mask.
Care During the Dive:
- When entering the water either from a boat or a beach, place a hand over the lens of your dive mask and hold it securely in place. This will help ensure your mask stays in place during entry and will help deflect any direct impact of water on the lens caused by the jump into the water or any approaching waves.
- A typical dive staging area is a dangerous place for dive masks. Care should be taken to not leave your mask in a location where it might be exposed to dropping weight belts or tanks.
- It is best to avoid putting your mask on your forehead at any time during the dive. Several factors can cause the mask on your forehead to be dislodged and subsequently lost. If you want to temporarily remove the mask from your face, place the mask around your neck.
Care After the Dive:
- Soak in warm fresh water (not over 120°F) to dissolve salt crystals.
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water and towel dry before final storage.
- Store in a cool, dry and protected place out of direct sunlight.
- Store separated from other dive gear as the black pigmentation of other equipment may discolor the clear silicone skirt of your mask.
- Avoid any contact with alcohol, oil, gasoline, aerosols, or chemical solvents.
- Do not expose any part to aerosol spray, as some aerosol propellants attack or degrade rubber and plastic materials.
- Do not use any type of alcohol, solvent or petroleum based substances to clean or lubricate any part.
- Do not store your equipment near any oil, gasoline, chemicals, or solvents.