AQUALUNG PEARL BCD
- Aqua Lung
Strong. Sleek. Secure. The Pearl is a wrap-around, jacket-style BC designed to fit the female diver. With its adjustable waistband and specially curved shoulder straps, you can customize it to for a perfect fit. Plus, its lower profile lobes and shorter torso length help it rest comfortably on the hips.
- Hybrid Jacket
ADV-style jacket combined with back inflation unit gives you the best of both worlds: a streamlined profile during your dive and the ability to float comfortably at the surface
- SureLock™ II Weight Release
Safe, single-pull weight release with patented SureLock™ II Mechanical Weight Release System
- Octo Pockets
Two octo-pocket locations for versatility: right lobe and top of front lobe
- Smooth, Flat Valves
Proprietary flat valves further reduce drag
- Adjustable Chest Strap
Adjustable sliding chest strap can be raised or lowered on a rail system for added comfort. Helps you avoid drysuit valves
- Gear Up!
Multiple pockets, D-rings, and knife attachment points make stowing and accessing gear easy
How to properly care for your Aqua Lung BCD:
POST-DIVE CARE AND MAINTENANCE
With proper care, your BC will provide many years of reliable service. The following preventive maintenance must be performed to extend the life of your BC:
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and extreme heat. Nylon fabric can quickly fade when exposed to the sun’s ultraviolet rays, and extreme heat may damage the welded bladder seams.
• Avoid repeated or prolonged use in heavily chlorinated water, which can cause the BC fabric to discolor and decay prematurely.
• Do not allow the BC to chafe against any sharp objects or rough surfaces that could abrade or puncture the bladder. Do not set or drop heavy objects such as block weights on the BC.
• Avoid any contact with oil, gasoline, aerosols, or chemical solvents.
• To preserve the life of the bladder, rinse it inside and out with fresh water after every day of use, using the following procedure:
►► Pressurize the power inflator with medium pressure (MP) air via the MP hose.
CAUTION: Before rinsing, ensure that the inflator is pressurized with air. This will prevent debris and contaminants from entering the valve mechanism if the inflator button is accidentally depressed.
►► Using a garden hose, direct water through the oral inflator mouthpiece or the Multiport to flush the interior of the bladder, and then thoroughly rinse the exterior of the BC.
►► Completely drain the bladder of water, either through the oral inflator or through the over-pressure relief valve.
►► After rinsing, inflate the BC, and allow it to dry inside and out.