AQUALUNG LOTUS BCD
- Aqua Lung
Lotus is a women's back inflation-style BCD that incorporates our integrated Wrapture harness system. The Lotus hugs the contours of the female body with specially curved shoulder straps and side lobes to provide an even better fit. Also includes SureLock II mechanical weight system.
- Wrapture™ Harness System
Wrapture™ Harness System: patented swivel shoulder buckles and ultra-thin back plate provide unsurpassed comfort and prevent the BCD from riding up on the surface. Out of the water, the system allows you to stand up straight by keeping the cylinder close to your center of gravity and transferring the weight to your hips
- SureLock™ II Weight Release
Safe, single-pull weight release with patented SureLock™ II Mechanical Weight Release System
- HP Hose Routings
HP hose routings through the back keep your entire kit low profile, minimizing drag
- Smooth, Flat Valves
Proprietary flat valves further reduce drag
- Bladder Retraction System
Bladder retraction system pulls in the sides of the bladder during deflation to keep you streamlined and reduce drag
- Adjustable Chest Strap
Adjustable sliding chest strap can be raised or lowered on a rail system for added comfort. Helps you avoid drysuit valves
- Octo Pocket
Right lobe octo-pocket secures the octopus while keeping it accessible and visible throughout your dive
- Additional Dump Option
Right shoulder pull
- Non-Ditchable Weight Pockets
Located on the back of the BCD, these pockets help you achieve proper positioning in the water
- Rolled Neck Collar
Comfortable rolled neck collar
- Gear Up!
Multiple pockets, D-rings, and knife attachment points make stowing and accessing gear easy
All sizes of the Lotus are capable of holding up to 30lbs/13.5kg of lead weight
How to properly care for your Aqua Lung BCD:
POST-DIVE CARE AND MAINTENANCE
With proper care, your BC will provide many years of reliable service. The following preventive maintenance must be performed to extend the life of your BC:
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and extreme heat. Nylon fabric can quickly fade when exposed to the sun’s ultraviolet rays, and extreme heat may damage the welded bladder seams.
• Avoid repeated or prolonged use in heavily chlorinated water, which can cause the BC fabric to discolor and decay prematurely.
• Do not allow the BC to chafe against any sharp objects or rough surfaces that could abrade or puncture the bladder. Do not set or drop heavy objects such as block weights on the BC.
• Avoid any contact with oil, gasoline, aerosols, or chemical solvents.
• To preserve the life of the bladder, rinse it inside and out with fresh water after every day of use, using the following procedure:
►► Pressurize the power inflator with medium pressure (MP) air via the MP hose.
CAUTION: Before rinsing, ensure that the inflator is pressurized with air. This will prevent debris and contaminants from entering the valve mechanism if the inflator button is accidentally depressed.
►► Using a garden hose, direct water through the oral inflator mouthpiece or the Multiport to flush the interior of the bladder, and then thoroughly rinse the exterior of the BC.
►► Completely drain the bladder of water, either through the oral inflator or through the over-pressure relief valve.
►► After rinsing, inflate the BC, and allow it to dry inside and out.