AQUALUNG AXIOM BCD
- Aqua Lung
Super-streamlined, durable, and full-featured, the Axiom combines comfort, fit, and performance for your dives. An ADV-style, wrap-around jacket with Aqua Lung's proprietary GripLock tank band and SureLock II integrated weight system. Plus, its Wrapture harness system distributes weight so well, you can walk upright while out of the water.
- Wrapture™ Harness System
Wrapture™ Harness System: patented swivel shoulder buckles and ultra-thin back plate provide unsurpassed comfort and prevent the BCD from riding up on the surface. Out of the water, the system allows you to stand up straight by keeping the cylinder close to your center of gravity and transferring the weight to your hips
- GripLock™ Tank Band
GripLock™ tank band’s finger-saver feature and macro presets create an easy and safe solution for securing and detaching your cylinder
- SureLock™ II Weight Release
Safe, single-pull weight release with patented SureLock™ II Mechanical Weight Release System
- Additional Dump Option
Right shoulder pull
- Oral Inflator
Easy-to-use pull-down oral inflator
- Bladder Retraction System
Bladder retraction system pulls in the sides of the bladder during deflation to keep you streamlined and reduce drag
- Adjustable Chest Strap
Adjustable sliding chest strap can be raised or lowered on a rail system for added comfort. Helps you avoid drysuit valves
- Smooth, Flat Valves
Proprietary flat valves further reduce drag
- Optional Instrument Configuration
Some divers may find it useful to run their instruments behind the left pocket and out the scooped opening on the top front of the lobe
- Octo Storage
Scooped octo pocket
- Gear Up!
Multiple pockets, D-rings, and knife attachment points make stowing and accessing gear easy
- Rolled Neck Collar
Comfortable rolled neck collar
How to properly care for your Aqua Lung BCD:
POST-DIVE CARE AND MAINTENANCE
With proper care, your BC will provide many years of reliable service. The following preventive maintenance must be performed to extend the life of your BC:
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and extreme heat. Nylon fabric can quickly fade when exposed to the sun’s ultraviolet rays, and extreme heat may damage the welded bladder seams.
• Avoid repeated or prolonged use in heavily chlorinated water, which can cause the BC fabric to discolor and decay prematurely.
• Do not allow the BC to chafe against any sharp objects or rough surfaces that could abrade or puncture the bladder. Do not set or drop heavy objects such as block weights on the BC.
• Avoid any contact with oil, gasoline, aerosols, or chemical solvents.
• To preserve the life of the bladder, rinse it inside and out with fresh water after every day of use, using the following procedure:
►► Pressurize the power inflator with medium pressure (MP) air via the MP hose.
CAUTION: Before rinsing, ensure that the inflator is pressurized with air. This will prevent debris and contaminants from entering the valve mechanism if the inflator button is accidentally depressed.
►► Using a garden hose, direct water through the oral inflator mouthpiece or the Multiport to flush the interior of the bladder, and then thoroughly rinse the exterior of the BC.
►► Completely drain the bladder of water, either through the oral inflator or through the over-pressure relief valve.
►► After rinsing, inflate the BC, and allow it to dry inside and out.