AQUALUNG AXIOM I3 BCD
- Aqua Lung
About Aqualung Axiom BCD
The Axiom i3 w/F.A.S.T. Lock System is latest in luxury, jacket style BC that incorporates Aqua Lung's patented i3 inflation/deflation system. Utilizing the F.A.S.T. Lock System (Font Access Secure Tank) which allows the tank strap to click" into position, securing the cylinder. Its amazing comfort and stability come from the integrated Wrapture Harness System. The Axiom is made from durable, fade-resistant materials and comes in black/charcoal color combination.
The F.A.S.T. Lock System is a strong, secure way to attach your cylinder to the BC. Gone are the days of complicated web weaving through multi-slot buckles. Located in the front of the BC, the strap simply clicks into place and the buckle is locked closed.
Wrapture Harness System Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin back plate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the BC from riding-up" on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your center-of-gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
i3 Control System (patented) provides easy, one-touch control for inflation and deflation. Eliminates the traditional inflator that dangles at the end of a corrugated hose. i3 is simple and intuitive - just lift-up on the lever to inflate and push down on the same lever to dump air.
What's more, when you push the lever down, all the dumps, upper and lower, open at the same time! Special one-way valve prevents water from getting into the BC. The dump vales are low-profile flat e-valve design. Inflator comes with a 3/8" threaded low pressure quick-disconnect hose. The pull-down oral inflator is easy to deploy, use and stow.
SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and click". With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
The Sure-Lock II Mechanical Weight Release System with 20 to 30 lbs. (9 to 13.5 kg) Capacity (sizes dependent). The Axiom also has fixed non-releasable weight pockets attached to the cylinder band with capacities of 10 lbs. (4.5kg).
A bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag. An adjustable chest strap can be raised or lowered on a rail system. This not only ensures a good fit but also keeps strap from running across top of a dry suit valve. A scooped octo-pocket on the top, front of the right lobe makes it easy to stow and deploy an octopus. The octopus remains visible and accessible throughout the dive.
Some divers may find it useful to run their instruments behind the left pocket and out the scooped opening on the top, front of the lobe. Pocket within a pocket A small security pocket is found on the flap of a larger drop-down pocket. Main left and right pockets have zippered closures with branded pull tabs.
Knife attachment points are found on the left lobe which will accommodate many of the Aqua Lung knives. This location provides easy access to the knife. BC features 4 stainless steel D-rings and 2 plastic D-rings for all your accessories. Right shoulder pull dump provides an additional dumping option. Rolled neck collar for comfort. Axiom i3 provides from 31 to 47 lbs. (14 to 21.3 kg) of lift. BCD comes with an owner's manual.
- Wrap Around Style JacketIntegrated Wrapture Harness
- System: ComfortSure Lock II Mechanical Weight Release
- SystemStreamlined Designi3 inflator mechanismF.A.S.T.
- Lock System: Font Access Secure Tank
Aqualung Axiom BCD Features
Aqua Lung Axiom i3 BCD Fast Lock System:
- Most Comfortable and Easy-to-Use BC Yet!
- Feature-Rich, Jacket Style Wrap-Around Jacket
- Innovative i3 Inflation/Deflation System (patented)
F.A.S.T. Lock System (Font Access Secure Tank):
- Latest in Luxury, Jacket Style BC
- Allows Tank Strap to Click" into Position
- Securing the Cylinder
- Strong, Secure Way to Attach Cylinder to BC
- Gone Are-the-Days of Complicated Web Weaving Thru-
- Multi-Slot Buckles
- Strap Simply Clicks into Place
Integrated Wrapture Harness System (Pat. Pending):
- Allows Diver to Stand-Up Straight in Total Comfort
- Cylinder Remains Perfectly Vertical and Pulled-in-Close
- Harness System, Utilizes Specialized Back-Plate
- Valve Retention Strap and Swivel Shoulder Buckles
- Unsurpassed Comfort
Integrated Wrapture Harness System (Continued):
- Hugs-the-Contours of the Body
- Superior Comfort and Stability
- Supports the Scuba Cylinder
- Prevents "Ride-Up" at the Surface
Sure-Lock II Mechanical Weight Release System:
- Easy to Load: Weight Pockets Align Themselves
- Just Insert-the-Pocket Until-It "Clicks"
- Simple, Single-Pull Release
- Releasable Weight: 20 to 30 lbs. (9 to 13.5 kg) Capacity
- Non-Releasable Weight: 10 lbs. (4.54 kg)
- Super Streamlined Air Cell Design
- Air Cell: 500D Amor Cordura with Armor X Color Panels and 1050D Ballistic Nylon
- Bladder Retraction System: Pull-in-the-Sides of the Bladder During Deflation
- Adjustable Torso Shoulder Straps
- Cross Chest Sternum Strap with Squeeze-Style" Quick-Release Buckle
i3 Inflator Mechanism:
- Single-Touch Control for Inflation and Deflation
- Lift-Up-to-Inflate, Push-Down-to-Deflate
- Multiple Dump Feature; Depress i3 Lever, All Flat E-
- Valves Open at Once!
- 3/8" Threaded Low Pressure Quick-Disconnect Hose
- Streamlined-and-Effective Overpressure Relief/Dump Valve
- "One-Way" Design, Keeps Water Out
- Pull-Down Oral Inflator is Easy-to-Deploy and Stow
- Large, Easy-to-Access, Zippered Utility Pockets
- 4 Stainless Steel D-Rings and 2 Plastic D-Ring for Accessory Attachment
- Knife Attachment Points Left Lobe
- Scooped-Opening on Top, Front of Lobe for Instrument Console
- Scooped Octopus-Pocket: Easy-to-Stow and Deploy an Octopus Regulator
- Lift: 31 to 47 lbs. (14 to 21.3 kg)
- Owner's Manual